Job Title: Residential/Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN Division: API Operations Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Health Services Prepared By: JDT EEO Code:
Location: Regional Operations Office Date: 2016
Provides skilled nursing care to persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities in Ability Plus, Inc. residential and dayhab facilities in compliance with the Alabama Board of Nursing Standards of Nursing Practice Act (Chapter 610-X-6). Provides for skilled nursing assessments, competency based training and ongoing health services education for patrons and employees of API.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned).
• Administers prescribed medications; Manages delivery and administration processes; Completes medical treatments as ordered.
• Monitors client’s physical condition; Evaluates and records significant signs and symptoms deviating from normal established parameters; Coordinates physician referrals and orders, as appropriate.
• Applies critical thinking skills to affect focused nursing interventions and improved outcomes.
• Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other physical assessment skills to detect deviations from normal accepted parameters and provides individualized care based on needs assessment.
• Directs and delegates training and supervision of personnel rendering direct medical care to consumers within assigned region.
• Facilitates and monitor employee performance and competency and recertification skills. Delegates and provides medication administration and documentation pursuant with state guidelines.
• Carries out documented company operational procedures, policies, and standards associated with this position.
• Recommends changes/improvements to existing operational procedure documents.
• Creates/complete activity reports to reflect progress and status in attaining patient health objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
• Provides skilled nursing care. Assumes emergency call as assigned.
• Supervises supports and evaluates ongoing performance of direct service personnel.
• Attain and maintain certifications as a delegating nurse through the Nurse Delegation Program (NDP).
• Experience as LPN with emphasis in psychiatric nursing preferred.
• Active Alabama nursing license in good standing.
• Valid U.S. driver's license and acceptable driving record as determined by Ability Plus’ insurance carrier.
• Acceptable background check.
• Current BCLS(AHA)
• Valid Diploma from an accredited nursing program.
• Willingness to complete and maintain ABN MAS certification.
NECESSARY SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES - The ability to:
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal and clinical skills.
• Demonstrate instructional, analytical and computer skills.
• Possess social perceptiveness.
• Incorporate learning strategies for clinical modalities.
• Employ critical thinking,
• Maintain compliance will all applicable HIPAA, ADMH and ABN State and Federal regulations.
• Practice according to CDC recommended guidelines.
• Provide instruction for clients, family members and co-workers.
• Provide for a safe and comfortable environment.
• Manage a flexible work schedule and regional travel.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Working conditions are normal for an office and home health care environment.
• Work requires ongoing interaction with intellectually disabled clients.
• Work may require weekend and evening work.
• Work can require frequent walking, standing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.